Environmental and Energy Policy
Cording Real Estate Group seeks excellence in every aspect of our business and accepts that we have a duty to minimise the environmental and energy impacts (both direct and indirect). Our response to environmental issues is practical, pragmatic and reflects our desire to be a responsive, flexible and collaborative manager.
We believe that the incorporation of environmental and energy performance into both long-term strategy and day-to-day operational management is critical for success. As a result, we have established a proactive environmental and energy management approach aligned with the principles of ISO14001 and ISO50001.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for ensuring that the energy and environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility to ensure the commitments and aims of the policy are met.
We are committed to:
- The fulfilment of relevant compliance obligations
- Continually working towards improving the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance and integrate recognised environmental management into our business operations
- Protection of the environment, including the prevention of pollution and sustainable use of resources
- Measure and act to reduce the carbon footprint of our business activities to meet our published objectives
- Manage waste generated from our business operations incorporating reduction, re-use, recycling in accordance with the principles of the waste hierarchy
- Give due consideration to environmental issues (such as biodiversity) and energy performance in the acquisition, design, refurbishment, location and use of buildings
- Ensure environmental, including climate change, criteria are considered in the procurement of goods and services.
- Working towards incorporating environmental factors into business decisions as standard
To meet our commitments, we will:
- Provide UK Executive board oversight and review of environmental policies and performance and allocate resources for their effective direction and implementation.
- Engage with stakeholders, including communicating internally and externally our environmental policy and performance on a regular basis
- Communicate the importance of environmental issues to our employees
- Work together to promote improved environmental performance
- Promote appropriate consideration of sustainability and environmental issues in the services we provide to our clients
- Regularly review our environmental policy and, if necessary, revise considering legislative or organisational changes.
This policy represents our general position on energy and environmental issues, and the practices we will apply in conducting our business. It will be communicated and explained internally to all employees and for all interested parties via our company website ensuring both visibility and focus.
Chief Executive Officer, Cording Real Estate Group Ltd